Friday, July 17, 2015

Tea With Jesus

 

I've often thought that a cup of tea, even more than coffee, enhances my daily time in the word. Maybe it is because porcelain tea cups and floral tea blends are so lovely and compliment the "life-giving" words of the bible so well and playing my favorite Christian music in the background makes early morning quiet time utterly perfect . I feel as though giving all of your senses something beautiful in one sitting is truly spiritual.

 

With this in my mind I've decided to begin a weekly series (Tea with Jesus) to rejuvenate my blog. I've been greatly inspired by my friend Stephanie at http://theenchantingrose.blogspot.com. Her blog, with its beautiful faith-filled content and her lovely teacup and mug exchanges, have brought a sense of beauty to my life. So, a special thanks to Stephanie!

 

Anatomy of Tea With Jesus

 

July 17, 2015

 

Tea ~ Harney & Sons Earl Grey Imperial, black, with a touch of sweetener

 

Music ~ Brokenness Aside, All Sons & Daughters

 

Scripture ~ The Book of Ephesians

Ephesians 1:7 ~ In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace.

 

Thoughts ~ I lay my brokenness aside to dwell in the word of God. I ponder the words "redemption" and "grace" and what they mean for me. Indeed, they mean a New Life if I am willing to accept them.

No comments:

Post a Comment