Saturday, September 13, 2014

Book Exchange and A Blog Twist

Over the past year or so I have had a very sporadic blogging life. The here and now has impeded my ability to blog on any kind of regular basis.

In September I decided to start home schooling my daughter, Katie, who is a freshman in high school. I really want to chronicle this mother/daughter journey, and I've decided that returning to blogging would be an ideal way to do that. I have chosen some pieces of Christian home school curriculums and some pieces of Waldorf home school curriculums to use this year. My blog will include what I'm teaching as well my own personal Christian journey.

That being said, before I get started on this new path, I'd like to express my heartfelt thanks to Stephanie at The Enchanting Rose for her inspirational blog. I come to her blog with my morning coffee frequently for a spiritual uplift. Recently, she hosted a book exchange which I had the pleasure of participating in. The lovely Jen Greasby sent me The Inn at Rose Harbor by one of my favorite authors, Debbie Macomber along with a lovely book mark and hand written note (pictured). I'm devouring the book and am grateful to have had the opportunity to connect with a fellow book lover.  Thank you Stephanie! I am sincerely looking forward to her upcoming Mug Exchange!

That's my story for now and I look forward to posting weekly updates of my home school and personal Christian journey!

Blessings all.

6 comments:

  1. Sandra, I due enjoyed what you had to say about blogging, straight from the heart. I must come and follow you when I am at the computer as my phone does not allow me that privilege.
    We homeschooled our two daughters, Stephanie being my youngest. Such a joy those days were.
    God bless you, as you teach and train your daughter.
    What a lovely gift you received.
    Joy to you, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie,
      Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment. It means so much as I start this blogging venture again. And it's so nice to hear from another home school mom. Things have been quite hectic as I have been preparing and starting homeschool with Katie. I have had some time to do some reading about home school as discipleship. That has really been speaking to me. I saw that you received and Elizabeth George book in the book exchange. I have to tell you that I have read several of her books multiple times and frequently come back to them during my meditation times. She is a gem. You and Stephanie have also been gems in my life and I look forward to more exchanges and more opportunities to know you better. Thank you again and many blessings to you. Sandra

      Delete
  2. Hi Sandra! So I just realized I visited your blog the other day when you emailed me and totally forgot to leave a comment here - silly me! :)

    It looks like you were given a wonderful book - have you started reading it? And the bookmark is quite pretty.

    I love having you join these exchanges, my dear Sandra - thank you!

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear Stephanie,
      Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. It means a lot. I am currently devouring my book, as I do all books by Debbie Macomber. She is one of my favorites. The book I sent you looked quite interesting to me and I'll be anxious to know what you thought of it. I received your lovely card in the mail today. Thank you so much! As always your blog provides me with light and inspiration and I looking forward to your next teacup exchange! Thank you again and many blessings to you! Sandra

      Delete
  3. Hello from another Sandra! :)

    I'm visiting from Stephanie's book swap linky. Your idea of blogging about your mother-daughter journey is a lovely one. The book you received looks so good. Enjoy your time reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandra, I didn't participate in the book exchange, but I see you ladies each received some great books! I love Debbie Macomber's stories. In fact, I review for several houses over on my other blog, Stuff & Nonsense (duhpaynes.blogspot.com), for the past three years. I host periodic book giveaways, too, so you might want to follow along. I just recently separated my reviewing from everything else on my blog. It's been a bit of a headache, and I'm sure it will continue to be so for a time until I get it all figured out.

    Anyway, I wish you many happy days of home schooling! I h'schooled all four of ours, and our youngest just graduated in May.

    Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete